We are seeking a dynamic individual to play a key role by developing and implementing all marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate will have successfully demonstrated the ability to develop a comprehensive marketing plan, manage multiple projects with a strong attention to detail, work closely with individual advisors and senior management.
This is a full-time, salaried position.
Hours: Mon – Fri, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm. Some evenings and Saturday mornings (television studio).
- Direct and manage all marketing related activities required to support company business plan objectives.
- Develop, manage and implement annual marketing plan that supports business development goals.
- Provide all necessary support for on-going and planned marketing/business development initiatives for the firm, as well as all the advisors.
- Analyze data regarding business development initiatives, web analytics and social media and develop reports for management which summarize the information obtained.
- Develop ideas for new marketing/business development initiatives based upon analysis of such data.
Marketing & Communications
- Takes steps necessary to ensure all marketing support provides the foundation for maximum retention and strengthening of client relationships, growth of new business and achievement of profitability objectives.
- Develop strong relationships with designated contacts within client companies, vendors, suppliers, members of the various media, and centers of influence.
- Coordinate with all vendors/suppliers to ensure timely and high quality production of marketing materials. Manage/direct process involving all quotes/bids/proposals for outsourced marketing-related work.
- Complete marketing support initiatives in a manner that produces high quality results while staying within assigned financial budget.
- Delegate work assignments to appropriate support staff member and/or marketing intern ensuring timely and accurate completion of tasks.
- Coordinate all aspects of technical support for programs/workshops presented.
- Work with advisors to develop and produce articles used for quarterly newsletters and news updates/alerts and submission to outside media.
- Design and development of all corporate communications to include: general client correspondence/announcements, business development solicitation letters & press releases.
- Work with account rep from TV station to manage annual advertising contract.
- Work with advisors to create topics and scripts for TV interviews and commercials, as well as with the station to oversee all aspects of taping and distribution of videos post interview, via YouTube, social media and website.
- Strictly adhere to established brand guidelines, while executing assigned tasks/projects in a timely and professional manner.
- Design print, digital and web media (quarterly newsletter, web pages, emails, marketing collateral, etc.)
- Maintain library of company’s PowerPoint presentations to include: modifications/updates, obtaining approval from Compliance authority, ensuring of readiness for use by program presenters.
- Develop and produce materials used for presentations/seminars.
Web & Social Media
- Add videos to Szarka Financial YouTube Channel.
- Maintain, generate content, and monitor social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google+).
- Add articles, videos, graphics and other content to WordPress websites through template.
- Work with vendor who maintains & updates the security of the company’s website.
- Conduct market trend research for social media and WordPress websites to continually optimize performance and results.
- Complete monthly analytical reports summarizing performance on social media and web optimization
Qualifications, Required Skills and Proficiencies:
- 3 – 5 years working in a marketing role
- Strong social media and graphic design experience
- Strong PC skills using the following applications: WordPress, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Experience with HTML
- Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills
- Proactive problem-solver, intuitiveness and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate strong, “work smarter, not harder” work ethic
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks/projects/initiatives
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to work in a business team environment, punctuality and professionalism
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Required Education, Licenses, Certifications & Designations:
- Bachelor’s degree – required
- Basic sales training a plus
On the job. Additional training as required.
Szarka Financial has been serving individuals, large companies, small businesses, unions and communities in Northeast Ohio since 1985. We differ from our competitors in many ways. First, we are a planning firm – not a sales organization. We work in our clients’ best interests and solely for them. Second, we provide a team approach, providing personal attention every step of the way. Third, we provide customized solutions for our clients – not a “cookie cutter” approach to financial planning.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified candidates email a cover letter and resume (focusing on accomplishments) to:
President, Szarka Financial
Interested candidates are expected to perform a thorough review of the Szarka Financial website in order to gain a good understanding of the organization, before submitting a cover letter and resume for consideration.